About Dr. Francelis Gonzalez
Dr. Francelis Gonzalez is a Board-Certified Pediatrician & Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics, caring for children in Central Florida and the surrounding communities since 1999.
Born and raised in Puerto Rico. Dr. Francelis Ivette Gonzalez dreamed of becoming a physician since an early age. She went on to earn her medical degree from National University Pedro H. Ureña in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic where she graduated Cum Laude. Francelis Gonzalez completed her Pediatric Residency at Ponce District Hospital in Ponce, Puerto Rico. After moving to the United States, she decided to pursue her fellowship in Pediatric Hematology/Oncology at Los Angeles Children’s Hospital in California.
Soon after completing her fellowship in California she decided to pursue Bone Marrow Transplant Training at the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center in Seattle. Dr. Gonzalez and her family settled in Orlando in 1998. She worked for several months with a multispecialty group and part time as a Pediatric Hematologist/Oncologist at Florida Hospital. During her time there, she decided to move forward and establish her own private practice as a General Pediatrician. Haines City Kidville Pediatrics was established in March of 1999.
Since then Dr. Francelis Ivette Gonzalez has established more Pediatric Clinics.
Kidsville Pediatrics I in Davenport
Kidsville Pediatrics II in Kissimmee
Kidsville Pediatrics III in Clermont
Kidsville Pediatrics IV in East Orlando
Kidsville Pediatrics V After Hours Walk-In Clinic – Kissimmee
Kidsville Pediatrics VI After Hours Walk-In Clinic – Orlando
Kidsville Pediatrics VII After Hours Walk-In Clinic – Davenport
Several recognition awards have been given to Dr. Gonzalez, and the clinics including the following:
- 2002-2010 American Medical Association Physician Recognition Award
- National Institute of Quality Assurance, Inc. – Highest Quality in Patient Care 2005-2009
- 2005 Superior Achievement – Florida Department of Health – Immunization coverage 95% or Higher
- Fellow American Board of Pediatrics since 2002
- Florida First Exceptional Patient Care Appreciation Award 2005-2010
- Certificate of Appreciation – Heart of Florida Medical Center Top Physicians 2006
- 2004 -2010 American Top Physician – Guide to American Top Physicians
- Heart of CMS Network – National MD Day – Excellence Award – March 30, 2006
- Award of Excellence Amerigroup Insurance – 2006-2010
- Kidsville Pediatrics/Dr. Gonzalez Finalist “Don Quijote Awards” 2006
- Kidsville Pediatrics/Dr. Gonzalez Finalist “Don Quijote Awards” 2007
- Dr. Gonzalez Finalist “Hispanic Women that Make a Difference Awards” 2008.
- Selected by the Orlando Women Newspaper as one of the twelve Professionals “Women to Watch for 2010”
- Dr. Francelis Gonzalez received the “Outstanding Female in Health and Medicine Award” presented at the Mujeres que hacen la diferencia event sponsored by La Prensa Newspaper
- Recipient of a 1st Annual “Inspirational Women to Watch Award 2010“
- Winner of the Patient’s Choice Award 2011
- Certificate of Excellence presented at “The Conquistador Awards” March 2011 by the Puerto Rican Chamber of Commerce
- Recipient of the “Citizen of the Year Award” presented to her by the Orlando Hispanic Lions Club
- Winner of the 2011 Latina Style Magazine “Entrepreneur of the Year” Award” representing the State of Florida
- Winner of the Patient’s Choice Award 2010
- Winner of the Patient’s Compassionate Doctor 2010
- Winner of the Anna Maria Arias Foundation Award 2011
As a professional she is respected by her peers and loved by her patients because she treats them and their parents as family!